Hyundai Motorsport have started accepting orders for the new i30 N TCR car, with the base price of the vehicle being €128,000 and a number of option extra kits available for the Korean racer.
Hyundai have dominated in recent international TCR events, with lead development driver Gabriele Tarquini sensationally scoring victory in the car’s first outing in the TCR International Series in China, despite starting from 14th on the grid.
The Italian then went on to take pole position and a reverse-grid victory in the TCR Europe Trophy at the end of October in Italy, despite still running with the 40 kg of BoP weight and 95% power handed to the team after victory in China, whilst Alain Menu has also delivered pace-setting performance in the new car.
The order books have now been opened for the new car, which will start at a base price of €128,000. A discount of €4,000 is offered to those teams or drivers placing an early order. That puts the car just below Audi’s RS3 LMS, which is priced at €129,000.
If teams wish to purchase multiple cars then additional discounts can be supplied. A spare parts package is available for €28,000 for teams who order four chassis for 2018, €16,000 for three chassis orders or €10,000 for two chassis orders.
An ‘Endurance Kit’, which also includes ABS, night lamps and an external refueling fitting, will also be available for purchase.
Customers will also be entitled to call on engineering support from Hyundai Motorsport’s engineers in Alzenau, Germany.
“At both the Chinese round of the TCR International Series and in Adria the performance of the i30 N TCR proved that we have built a strong package for the regulations,” said Hyundai’s Customer Racing Manager Andrea Adamo. “With the confirmation of the pricing we have placed the car competitively in the market, especially with the discount we can offer on early orders.
“Our customers will receive a high-specification package as standard, with crucial parts designed specifically with high-performance and reliability as the main targets.
“At the wheel of an i30 N TCR we are confident that our customers will be able to fight at the front of any TCR championship.”
The first deliveries are scheduled to take place in early December 2017. Further information is available directly from Hyundai Motorsport at https://motorsport.hyundai.com/.
Hyundai i30 N TCR Technical Specifications
- Transverse mounted, 2-litre turbocharged engine with direct injection, intercooled
- Life Racing ECU and data acquisition system
- BMC air induction kit
- Pneumatic paddle shift operated, 6-speed sequential gearbox with external preload adjustment
- Multi-disc motorsport clutch
- Motorsport-specification driveshafts
- Front bespoke Brembo 6-piston monobloc calipers with Ø380mm ventilated brake discs
- Rear 2-piston monobloc calipers with Ø278mm ventilated brake discs
- Pagid brake pads
- Adjustable pedal box with spherical bearing-mounted Brembo master cylinders
- Goodridge braided hoses and fittings
- Hydraulic steering rack
- Front McPherson struts with adjustable dampers
- Rear 4-arm multi-link with adjustable dampers
- Braid i30 N TCR specific 10”x18” rims
- Hyundai Motorsport-designed lightweight, high-tensile steel roll cage
- Strengthened production body shell, painted white interior and exterior
- Body panels from steel and GFC
- Sabelt race seats and 6-point HANS compatible harnesses
- Sabelt 330mm flat steering wheel
- Lifeline fire extinguisher system
- 100-litre fuel tank with endurance refueling capability
- Odyssey PC680 lightweight race battery
- Length: 4,450mm
- Width: 1,950mm
- Wheel base: 2,650mm
- Track Width: 1,700mm
- Minimum weight: 1,285kg (including driver, complying with TCR regulations)
Specifications subject to change